Located on the Bay of Fundy, this historic cottage was one of the original homesteads in the area. It has a long and interesting history – first as a summer home for a local mine owner starting in 1896 and then as a crew headquarters and lumber shipping office in the early 1900’s that served a nearby wharf for schooners delivering lumber to New England.
The cottage fell into disrepair until the current owners decided to undergo a major restoration project, which included structural reinforcing, recladding, mechanical/electrical upgrades, and complete restoration of the wrap-around porch. The owners wished to replicate all architectural details to match the original structure. Careful documentation of these details (including research of archival photos), materials, and construction techniques, formed the restoration specifications utilized by the general contractor.